I started the blog Shareology on July 26, 2009. After the five-year anniversary, I quietly put the blog into a two-year recess. So it’s July 26 yet again and time to say a few words in commemoration.
The topic? Networking Nirvana!
Minneapolis-St. Paul is a leading hub of technical companies and workers. It also has an active social media community. I’ve received two certifications in social media since Shareology began; however, my best learning has come from attending networking events here in the Twin Cities.
Here’s my salute to the organizations I currently find most educational:
- Social Media Breakfast Minneapolis-St. Paul is closing in on its 93rd meeting in September. That means 2017 will see the 100th meeting of the nation’s largest Social Media Breakfast group! http://www.smbmsp.org/ @SMBMSP
- There is also the October 15 Minnesota Blogger Conference to look forward to! http://www.mnbloggerconference.com/ @MNBlogCon
- Minnesota Analytics has a myriad of yearly events scheduled. I’m looking forward to the August 24 FARCON with an emphasis on Financials and Retail at the Carlson school. http://minneanalytics.org/ @MinneAnalytics
- MinneStar offers MinneDemo several times a year, with my favorite MinneBar in spring. I’ve presented three times at Minnebar and love roaming the halls of Best Buy’s first floor, looking for new knowledge with geeks and nerds of every stripe. http://minnestar.org/ @MinneStar
- One of the best monthly breakfast is Business Leaders Breakfast Forum. I have heard Paul Douglas, Sam Richter, Andrew Eklund and Anne Pryor at Lurie, LLP. Pam Borton is next up August 12. https://www.luriellp.com/events/business-leaders-breakfast-forum-5/ @LurieLLP
- My latest favorite is StartUp Grind held at Coco and featuring leaders of the entrepreneurial community in Minneapolis-St. Paul. https://www.startupgrind.com/events/details/startup-grind-minneapolis-presents-tom-salonek-intertech#/ @StartupGrindMN
Well, that’s my latest list of favorite events in the Cities. Here’s to Networking Nirvana!