Social Media Breakfast Minneapolis-St. Paul convened Friday morning at Summit Brewing in St. Paul, MN for a superb panel on Journalism, Bloggers and where do we go from here? And Yes, there was beer to go with our bacon!
Panel Discussion: Social Media and Journalism
A spirited panel discussion with local journalists on how traditional media is using/adapting/ignoring/embracing social media.
- Jason DeRusha (@DeRushaJ), investigative reporter, WCCO-TV
- David Brauer (@dbrauer), media reporter, MinnPost.com
- Gene Rebeck (@generebeck), senior editor, Twin Cities Business Magazine
- Julia Schrenkler (@juliaschrenkler), interactive producer, Minnesota Public Radio
- Dirk DeYoung (@ddeyoung), editor, Business Journal
Wind and Rain threatened the outside of the building located on the Mississippi River; as we tossed between the panel of Twin Cities Journalists and the ever questioning social media geeks in the audience, the sunshine suddenly streamed through the windows. A few photos for your memory book below:
Rick Mahn and Mykl Roventine have done a superb job of organizing Social Media Breakfast Minneapolis St. Paul (#smbmsp). Shareology is especially impressed with their use of sponsorships to power this group. A tip of the beer stein to them both and a huge Thank You! to Rick, Mykl and all the SMBMSP sponsors!
Kay Roseland @KayLoire